Nunchaku basics video
Info about "Nunchaku basics video"
Whether you’re a seasoned martial artist or you just love Bruce Lee films, learning to use nunchaku is a worthwhile and enjoyable pastime. Try the following steps:
- Buy a practice pair of nunchucks. That means a foam handle, with either cord or a chain to join them together. Internet martial arts sites will almost definitely have pairs available. It is always better to accidentally hit yourself with foam than wood or metal.
- Start off slow. Twirl them around slowly until you get the feel of them, then practice passing from hand to hand and doing figure of 8’s. When you get confident, you can always speed up.
- Learn some basic moves. Learn to do the figure of 8, passing it underarm, striking left and right and to stop it by wrapping it around your waist. When you learn these simple moves, you will be set up to do progressively trickier stuff. Alternatively,purchase a book on nunchaku basics. Martial artists have used these for hundreds of years. Use their expertise.
- Continue on to learn more complex moves, or invent a few. By the time you get to the advanced techniques in the back of the books, you should be able to combine a few moves and invent your own. You can even learn to throw it up and catch it!
- Progress on to wood. As light and quick as foam is, you’re now ready for the big challenge. the difference between the wood and foam chuks is weight. Start off slow again and get used to the increased weight. Practice all the techniques you’ve learnt slowly. When you’re ready, speed them up again!
[From Wikihow. Original page is here]