Info about "Savate video"
Savate is a French martial art which uses the hands and feet as weapons combining elements of western boxing with graceful kicking techniques.Only foot kicks are allowed unlike some systems such as Muay Thai, and Silat which allow the use of the knees or shins. “Savate” is a French word for “old shoe”. Savate is perhaps the only style of kickboxing in which the fighters habitually wear shoes. A male practitioner of savate is called a savateur while a female is called a savateuse.
In competitive or competition savate which includes Assault, Pre-Combat, and Combat types, there are only four kinds of kicks allowed along with four kinds of punches allowed:
- fouetté (literally “whip”, roundhouse kick making contact with the toe—hard rubber-toed shoes are worn in practice and bouts), high (figure), medium (median) or low (bas)
- chassé (side or front piston-action kick), high (figure), medium (median) or low (bas)
- revers (frontal or lateral “reverse” or hooking kick making contact with the sole of the shoe), high (figure), medium (median), or low (bas)
- coup de pied bas (“low kick“, a front or sweep kick to the shin making contact with the inner edge of the shoe, performed with a characteristic backwards lean) low only
- direct bras avant (jab, lead hand)
- direct bras arrière (cross, rear hand)
- crochet (hook, bent arm with either hand)
- uppercut (either hand)
[ More here]